There are two main betting methods in sports betting: pre-match bets and Live bets for betting during matches.
Pre-match betting takes place before a match begins, even up to a year before the match begins and concludes once a match starts.
Pre-match betting involves successfully being able to predict or foresee particular outcomes before the events have started, then wagering on that event to happen or not happen.
Example: placing a bet on Leicester to win the 2015/2016 Premier League season before the season had begun, the odds were a huge 5000/1 – a £20 bet would have won you £100,000 a little less than a year later!
Live betting takes place after an event has started and up to its conclusion.
Watching an event Live and being able to appropriately predict and respond to a given situation, are the two most important factors in Live betting.
Example: During Live betting Tennis, players can bet on the next point, games to deuce, total points in a game, total games in a set, set score, plus a host of other markets. In Live football, you can bet on the half time result, next team to score, next corner, next goal scorer, plus the winner of the match and many more markets.
The odds change during the game depending on the performance and positioning of the team and players.
Placing a bet
To place your bet, go through the following steps:
- Find a bet you like, for example “Manchester United – Liverpool”
2. Click on the outcome you want to bet on, for example “Liverpool to Win” – a bet slip will open up with your selection on it
3. Enter a stake in the bet slip
4. Click “Place bet” and wait for the bet slip to be confirmed.
5. Your bet is now placed. You can view all the details for the bet in the betting history